Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My First Mother's Day

Although my due date is still 2 weeks away, I decided that I could celebrate Mother's Day this year considering I've been carrying around this baby in my belly for 9 months and I treat my dog, Wrigley, like a child. Aching ribs and constantly full bladder aside, I had a fabulous first mother's day weekend.

The whole weekend was full of fun and surprises. Staci was oh so kind to me and worked all weekend so that Torrey and I could spend time with friends and enjoy a relaxing weekend. It was Maifest Weekend in Leavenworth, which was filled with lots of great "Bavarian traditions" including a parade down Front Street. We sat outside of Mapel in style and comfort to watch the parade.
We all went crazy over the beautiful bernese mountain dogs - hundreds of them filled the parade, looking proud and sweet. I am convinced that Staci will end up living in Leavenworth someday with 2 bernese mountain dogs, a cutie hubby, and some babies (yes, her mom and I are conspiring on that last one!)






After the parade we enjoyed a picnic in the park with our dear friends Sonya and Caleb. Our picnic included goodies from Cheesemongers. Red wine would have made it the "perfect" picnic, but I'll just have to be patient and wait to open that lovely bottle of my fave d'Vinery montage. (of coarse Staci has a bottle on hand just waiting for me)


On Sunday morning, my four-legged son, Wrigley, surprised me with a flower and a sweet mother's day note.
Then we headed over to O'Grady's Pantry at Sleeping Lady for a fabulous outdoor brunch. BAby Landgraf had even prepared a sweet funny card for me - complete with a corny little kids "knock knock joke".
You would think I would have relaxed the rest of the day, but I just can't seem to do that these days. So my sweet tooth got the best of me and convinced me to make my favorite oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. The perfect ending to a fabulous mother's day weekend! Now all I have to do is birth this baby....stay tuned.

No comments: