Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Spring-Summer '09 Buying Trip

Jenelle and I are heading off to LA tonight and will be back next Wednesday. We spend our first 2 days in LA devoted to meeting with production facilities and deciding if we want to invest in a private label. I'll have to muster up all my previous knowledge about fit, pattern, sourcing trims, construction quality, etc. etc. Wish me good luck!!!


I'm spending the weekend socializing with some old friends (this visit has been long overdue.... sorry Ali).

The last half of our trip is meeting with our product vendors to peep out spring and summer collections. Both Jenelle and I have analyzed sales reports, vendor performance, margin precentages and many other data reports.
The best part is that we have been in business for over a year- so we have great sales history.
We now have all the date artillery we need to make some educated decisions.

Outside of sales history records we must rely on the "gut instinct" that leads us to edit collections and choose THE product for Mapel. I've compiled a list of trends I will be keeping my "trained eye" out for.

*Pink (my sister should be happy about this one)
*Colorful Cardigans
*Carryall" Purses
*Ruffles
*One Shoulder Dress
*Graphic Prints
*Big & Bold Jewelry (maybe even enamel- your welcome Brooke)
*High Water Pants with Stilettos

Below are spring '09 ready to wear runway pics to highlight said trends:

Chloe Spring 2009



Burberry Prorsum Spring 2009


Marc by Marc Jacobs Spring 2009



Marni Spring 2009


Roberto Cavalli Spring 2009


Salvatore Ferragamo Spring 2009


Dear Readers,
For those of you that got this far into the blog and are still reading please leave us a comment with your trend prediction for spring & summer. Let us know what trends, vendors, silhouettes, colors, price points, etc. etc. etc. what you want Mapel to showcase this spring & summer.

2 comments:

JDwedding09 said...

Pinks and whites. i.e. cute dresses for me to buy for my bridal shower/rehearsal dinner etc. :)

Anonymous said...

I predict a boy from the vendors Landgraf. Their fashion will be sweatshirts with vomit and matching pajama bottoms. They will get very little sleep but the cuddly little one, with his coos and smell and feeling of love, will more than make up for lack of sleep.

Umm, I have no idea about fashion:)