Thursday, July 15, 2010

Going to the Chapel....

I'm not getting married again (already found my Torrey lobster!).  But lots of other people are this summer...so finding that "perfect" dress for summer weddings is top priorty.  But before I get to my "sales pitch" (might as well call a spade a spade), I have to share a little bit about the most AMAZING wedding....

Last weekend we went to a very adorable chapel in Seattle's Mt Baker neighborhood to see our dear friends, Allison and Michael, get hitched.  In case you don't recall the story, Allison is the reason Mapel exists today - the link between Staci and Jenelle.  

But enough about us (for now) - it seems EVERYBODY has a wedding to go to this summer.  At least that's what we hear from our customers on a daily basis.  If you are as last minute as my girlfriends and me (we were trying on dress options the night before Alli's wedding), then you may need some last minute options.  Our most popular designer for summer dress options has been Veronica M dresses - the styles are fresh and unique and the prices are all under $110.  We can hardly keep them in stock and continue to place re-orders - you must check it out - I insist!

Okay, back to us.  Jaime, Staci, and I (of course) wore Mapel dresses to the wedding.  The three of us have VERY different body types, so it was fun to see how each different style dress worked for each of us.  Jaime looked amazingly hot (in the words of her husband) in the black kimono dress - the top minimized her "well-endowed" chest and showed off her sexy legs (again, I'm taking actual quotes from her husband).  The color, print, and style were classy for this evening summer wedding. 

Staci chose the flora dropwaist maxi - perfect style for a summer evening wedding.  The blouson-style top added shape and the bold print suited her contagious personality.

And I couldn't resist the black splash dress - loved that it was bra-friendly, a flattering length on my "vertically-challenged" body, and I absolutely love the black and white print.

Allison's wedding was intimate, fun, and absolutely perfect! Staci gave a memorable toast followed by lots of dancing and merriment.


No comments: