Thursday, June 17, 2010

"Investment" advice from a college student...

By: Elsa Wagner

Every summer I get the chance to come home from college at Western Washington University in Bellingham and work as a sales associate at Mapel in my hometown of Leavenworth. One of my duties at Mapel is to bring my "college-ish" style to the products we offer. So for those of you who don't mind taking style tips from a 21 year-old, here goes!

Here I am (hard at work) wearing our gorgeous Water Color Wrap Dress.

As a college student, I have been fighting the sweat-pants everyday look that most gradually adopt. I am a relatively rare commodity at Western-a student who actually LIKES fashion! My love of fashion (some might say obsession) combined with my financial status as a college student makes shopping somewhat difficult. I have found that if I buy what I like to call "Investment" pieces, I can satisfy my cravings for fashion while paying for school.

So you might be asking, what are these said "Investment" pieces? My lovely friend Alex graciously agreed to model some looks to show off three investment looks that I am loving at Mapel right now.


Here Alex shows off three great investment pieces: Mapel's Boyfriend Blazer from Tulle with our ever-popular Burnout Tank in Kelly Green and our newest 7 For All Mankind style, the Gwenevere Skinny Shaia


Every girl needs that perfect summer dress! Alex perfectly models our Flora Dropwaist Maxi from Veronica M. Who doesn't love a maxi dress silhouette?



And last-but definitely not least-Alex shows off Mapel's Malina Silver Dress. If you're schedule looks anything like mine, you're going to need a great dress to wear to all of those summer weddings! This gorgeous number by Mahtab Azimi is timeless for women of any age. 


No comments: