Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Substitute

By: Elsa Wagner




Staci has asked me to be her substitute for today. Luckily for her, I have much to say. My name is Elsa and I am a sales associate at Mapel. Today, I would like to tell you all a little about what Mapel has meant to me.







I grew up in Leavenworth, which as you all know is an itty bitty small town with lots of charm. From a young age, I have always been enthralled with fashion. To this day, my mom still doesn't understand how I caught the fashion bug-see any family photo and you will note that my attire sticks out compared to the rest of my family. Unfortunately, growing up in Leavenworth meant that I did not have much of an avenue to express my fashionista tendencies. One day, on a trip home from college (WWU), I discovered Mapel in a small shop on the other end of town. It was love at first sight. As small town girl with big city boutique-style shopping dreams, Mapel was a perfect fit. I decided to apply for a job in hopes that my dreams of learning more about the fashion industry would be realized.



Since that day, I have had the pleasure of working for Staci & Jenelle, who are THE best "bosses" ever, by the way! Staci has taught me more than I ever thought I would know about clothing and merchandising, and I love to learn more. Jenelle has taught me about the business aspect of things here at Mapel. Not only that, but I have gotten the opportunity to purchase some amazing finds from the store. Today I am wearing our Citizens of Humanity Elson jeans, which are to die for! And in my spare time, I dream about our latest Ben Sherman jacket, "Augustine"-perfect for that western Washington climate.









http://www.shopmapel.com/products.html?productId=4004















In short, as sappy as this all sounds, Mapel is both home and shopping heaven to me!


No comments: