Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Saving Grace

I've been torn about what to call this week's blog. I finally settled on "Saving Grace" but possibly that's not the right title. Saving Grace is defined as:

–noun
a quality that makes up for other generally negative characteristics; redeeming feature.


I want to share the "Saving Grace" my friends have lent during my summer stint in L'worth without making my "stint" seem "stinky"- cause it's not. Actually, summer's in Leavenworth are amazing- however there's something to be said for having someone to savor that amazing with.

Well- that's exactly the "saving grace" my friends have given me. They swooped in from Portland & Seattle to offer me some social interaction accompanied by adult beverages. Well- I can't help it- I'm a social bug and need to mingle.



Stefanie and Becky hit the road for Memorial weekend and did the 6 hour trek from Portland to L'worth. I don't want to reveal all of our moments from that weekend- however I will touch on a few unforgettable memories.



-CONGRATS Becky. You managed to supervise and have a "smashing" time yourself. There was another reason to extent "Congrats"..... what was that?




-Wenatchee is famous for their Chinese Fire Drills. I guess the days of "Applets and Cottlets" are gone because now Wenatchee boasts their Chinese Fire Drills. You don't believe me? Look it up.




-I spent the better part of an afternoon showing Becky the ways of my 'yetta & how to position knee to dash board for optimal driving experience given ALL of the stuff I cart around from Seattle to L'worth.



-Oddly enough we spent a fair bit of time discussion unicorns that weekend. Not sure why the topic of unicorns kept coming up. Ask Stefanie.






-I vaguely remember Becky's polite request to get her picture on the wall and Stefanie singing Chatahoochee by the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band @ the Post Office.




-Yet another highlight was driving to at least 4 different restaurants Sunday night only to find out that each of them was closed. Who would of thought?




Thanks Ladies for the memorable weekend via disposable camera pics!!!


I was ecstatic to find out that Cleary wanted to make a surprise visit the following weekend. She asked if we could go to dinner and catch up. It took less than .05 seconds for me to excitedly respond "Yes Please".




After a DQ Blizzard and a relaxing drive O'Farrell arrived with her two favorite arm candies. Camera and Zinfandel.



Upon her arrival she "captured" every in store moment while I closed up shop. We decidedly headed to South for dinner and drinks.

Yes- Cleary positioned me, the chair, the drink, the background for this colorful summer picture. Facebook Profile Pic? I think Yes.



Decisions- Decisions- Decisions. Luckily our Mapel model from last summer (AKA South Super Waitress) was helping us so she rec'd the Stuffed Pepper for Cleary.



Loved It!!!!


Unfortunately we stopped taking pics after dinner (which in hindsight was probably a good thing). I will assure you that we had a fabulously memorable night- with our without pics. After dinner we headed to a local saloon for live music, drinks and popcorn. That's right- this spot serves microwave popcorn to their patrons after 10pm. Only in L'worth would that seem so appropriate.





Thanks to my "Saving Grace" Lobsties!!!!

1 comment:

Willow said...

That is so sweet. What wonderful friends you have :)