Thursday, April 23, 2009

Ale Fest '09


Ale Fest '09 was a huge success! The event serves as the annual fundraiser for the Nutcracker Museum in Leavenworth.

The event included 20 microbreweries sampling their unique brews, popular northwest bands including Leavenworth locals' favorite Chumstick Liberation Front (CLF), and tasty treats from local chefs. The baby in my belly prevented me from sampling the brews (okay, fine - I did have some sips of Torrey's favorite dark brew). I also enjoyed a delicious cheese plate from Cheesemongers, and a big salty pretzel from Ducks and Drakes.


Visitors came from all over the Northwest, and many dressed in traditional Bavarian clothing, which added some an "authentic Bavarian" feel to the event.

The music was really good this year -lots of dancing throughout the event! I tried my best not to bonk other dancers with my giant belly!


If you missed out on Ale Fest this year, you should definitely plan on attending next year!


No comments: