Wednesday, April 28, 2010

What is That THING?

That "THING" is Mapel's Extended Wrap Sweater$48 in colors Brulee & Heather Gray. It's a crazy beast of a sweater that functions in many capacities. I first met this sweater in the LA Tulle Showroom. The sweater was both confusing and intriguing. I asked my rep to "tell me more about this THING" - and that she did. She gave me a quick tutorial on how to wear this sweater (all 8 ways). At that moment I was SOLD.

One of Mapel's forever best selling item is our Stevie Wrap from Alternative Apparel. It's soooo easy to wear while offering a bit of style to your look. Mapel sells them for $28 and we are constantly re-ordering replenishments of this sweetie style.

So..... in an effort to NOT sound too much like a fickle old man looking for the younger, skinnier, blonder woman- I have to ask: ?Will the Extended Wrap replace our Stevie Wrap? We've only had it in our store for a week and we've already re-ordered more units. Maybe it's possible that the heavens will align and both Wrap Sweaters can co-exist peacefully @ Mapel.

Back to the "THING" in question. The biggest question customers ask us is "How do you wear it" and at that point I physically illustrate the many ways this "THING" can be worn. Since we can't do that for our web customers I wanted to send a few pics to show you this "THING" in action.


-Hence the name "Extended" Wrap Sweater-

-Extension is deep enough to wrap around neck and shoulders in a variety of ways-


-Pull extension over neck for a "Fly Away Cardigan" look-




-Pull extension over neck and drap over shoulders for a "shawl" look-

-Twist extension a few times before wrapping around neck for a "roped" appearance-



-Turn extension inside out and extend over neck for a messy casual look-

         -Wrap extension around neck and over one shoulder for a casual nonchalant appearance-


Since we completed these pics I've had customer show me other ways to wear this sweater.... so the moral of the story is that this "THING" is whatever you want it to be.

No comments: